OFS-USA National Priority 2018-2021
Secular Franciscans live the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in fraternal communion. We have a specific way of being in the world, and a specific way of being together. This fraternal communion is a constitutive element of our vocation.
“Fidelity to their own charism, Franciscan and secular, and the witness of building fraternity sincerely and openly are their principal services to the Church, which is the community of love. They should be recognized in it by their ‘being’ from which their mission springs.” (General Constitutions, Art. 100.3)
“May the fraternal bonds of community always be our help, so that we may reach the goal of perfect Christian love.” — from the Secular Franciscan Rite of Profession to the Gospel Life
A selection from our Rule of Life:
The Secular Franciscan Order is divided into fraternities of various levels — local, regional, national, and international. Each one has its own moral personality in the Church. These various fraternities are coordinated and united according to the norm of this rule and of the constitutions.
- The Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order
- The General Constitutions of the Secular Franciscan Order (2000)
- Statutes of the National Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order in the United States of America
- Ritual of the Secular Franciscan Order
- For Up to Now: Foundational Topics for Initial Formation (FUN Manual)
- 2017 General Chapter Conclusions
- Statutes for Spiritual and Pastoral Assistance – 2009
- “Come and See” Digests