National Minister’s Message
Our Jubilee Begins!
I recently asked a room full of Secular Franciscans to write three words to describe the OFS Rule. Replies included, “conversion, prayer, humility” and “Gospel to Life”, but my favorite response was “who we are”. What does the 40th Anniversary of the Rule mean for us, if not to live more fully who we are called to be? How are we to do this?
Are you called to the Secular Franciscan Life?
Would you like to give more time to God, but wonder how to do that when your life is so busy? Do you long for holiness, and feel a need for support in growing spiritually? Perhaps your heart has been moved by stories of St. Francis of Assisi, or the Peace Prayer attributed to him, and you are seeking that same holy simplicity, true peace and perfect joy? If so, Christ may be calling you to explore the Secular Franciscan life. We would be happy to meet with you to share about the Franciscan journey. We invite you to contact us.
A selection from our Rule of Life:
The Virgin Mary, humble servant of the Lord, was open to His every word and call. She was embraced by Francis with indescribable love and declared the protectress and advocate of his family. The Secular Franciscans should express their ardent love for her by imitating her complete self-giving and by praying earnestly and confidently.
- The Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order
- The General Constitutions of the Secular Franciscan Order (2000)
- Statutes of the National Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order in the United States of America
- Ritual of the Secular Franciscan Order
- For Up to Now: Foundational Topics for Initial Formation (FUN Manual)
- 2017 General Chapter Conclusions